Whenever we travel to Atlanta, Mr. Bibb always likes to pay a visit to Total Wine & More. TW&M is a chain with locations around the country, but since we have strict liquor laws in Tennessee, they are unable to set up shop in our home state.
We needed to stock up on white wine and were hoping to buy some of the new Grey Goose Cherry Noir vodka. However, everybody got there before us apparently because they sold out of the GG Cherry Noir and we had to settle for three mini bottles of it, which set us back $15! They had plenty of white wine options in stock, though, and I picked out six bottles totaling < $60:
- Marlborough 2010 Sauvignon Blanc , Smart Cookie Vineyards, New Zealand – staff recommendation
- Central Coast 2010 Chardonnay, Smart Cookie Vineyards, New Zealand – staff recommendation
- Picpoul de Pinet 2010, Montagnac, France, – staff recommendation, must have something French
- Valle Central 2011 Sauvignon Blanc, Anakena, Chile – staff recommendation
- 2011 Sauvignon Blanc, Sobon Estate, California – must have something Californian
- The Beach House 2011 Sauvignon Blanc/Semillon blend, Douglas Green, South Africa – gimmicky
We have plans for the Cherry Noir. More on that later.
Just for kicks, we also threw in a pint of Malibu Red, the newest member of the Malibu Rum family, which turned out as the delightfully surprising find of the day. A blend of Caribbean rum, Mexican tequila and coconut liqueur, it’s just what I need in a summer cocktail. But how to mix it?
- 2 parts Malibu Red
- 1 part fresh lime juice
- 1 part agave syrup (you can find this at Kroger on the shelves with sugar, usually on the top shelf).
Shake, pour over ice in a salt-rimmed glass.
OMG. My new Official Summer Cocktail. Even Mr. Bibb liked it, so you know it’s not too girly.
UPDATE: Lisa Battles has dubbed it the Pina Corita. It’s a thing.